Sunday, July 02, 2006

Terra Nova


I have been a music junkie my whole life. Some of my earliest memories are laying in my little attic room listening to the rain on the tin roof while being lulled to sleep by my nightstand radio. My addiction has only increased over the years as I spent every spare dime on vinyl (for you kids those are the big black disks that you may have seen during your last class trip to the natural history museum) then CD's and now MP3s. Music has been important to my art and to my life. Like many of you a song can spark memories of places and emotions and people that have drifted through my life. I still have boxes of vinyl in my basement that I havent played in years but can't seem to be rid of. Some weird emotional attachment, I guess. I have shelves of CD's and now I have thousands of songs on my iPod. And crap since I'm spilling my guts here I guess I should admit to the few 8 tracks that I have owned. Yes I really did...wide magnetic tape in a big plastic box...so there you have it, the whole ugly truth about my musical sickness.

So where am I going with all this? Well, I've also been acused of a YouTube fetish too. So I may be a little late to this party but I just discovered a new and great voice for the future of Rock. Terra Naomi is that voice. If you love intelligent heartfelt lyrics and great music then this super unknown is going to be the next big thing. But if big music is too stupid to do anything with this girl then you owe it to yourself to check her out on the internets.

No comments: